Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Feeding Crickets to my Tarantula

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
venom666

PostSubject: Feeding Crickets to my Tarantula   Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Last night, I placed the first cricket right in front of my Chilean Rose & my T "Venom" didn't grab onto it right away like he normally does & I noticed the cricket escaped through a hole on the cork bark & I don't know if he buried himself under the soil or dug under just to escape from getting eaten, but I searched everywhere turning over the soil & I couldn't locate the cricket at all. My T did eat the other 2 crickets later that night. Do crickets sometimes run away & burrow under the soil to escape getting grabbed by the tarantula? I did find what looked like 2 dried up cricket carcasses in the soil. Also, when I'm feeding my Tarantula the 2 crickets, I give him 1 cricket to feast on for a while, then place the other one right near him using stainless steel tongs. Should I be placing both crickets in at the same time, or is it ok to feed him 1 at a time. I'm sure if my Tarantula doesn't eat the other cricket right away, he'll eventually grab onto it the next day or when he's hungry again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feeding Crickets to my Tarantula   Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 pm

They can dig into the soil a little bit, but usually if you T is hungry he will catch it. Yes it is ok to feed one at a time.
The only time you have to be carefull is when your T will start to molt.

Feeding Crickets to my Tarantula
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1