Jax Tarantulas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mexican Red Knee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
venom666

My   Mexican   Red    Knee Empty
PostSubject: My Mexican Red Knee   My   Mexican   Red    Knee EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:51 am

I recently bought a 2 1/2 yr. old female Mexican Red Knee I named "Hades" & she's in a 10-gallon tank w/ about 2" of the echo earth soil, I use a heating lamp that it came with, a 75-watt red infrared light & I placed a small heating pad for 1-5 gallon tanks on the outside tank glass wall in back of her tarantularium. So far the temp is 74, almost on 75, & the humidity's 79% The humidity's been staying in the high 70%-80%. In all my research about the Mexican Red Knees, it says the ideal temp should be 75-85. Should I get the heating pad for 10 gallon tanks in order to increase the temp up more into the high 70's to mid 80's? I also placed 2 pieces of plastic saran wrap over the left side of the tank screen cover to maintain the humidity & keep it warm inside too. I paid $140.00 for my awesome beauty Mexican Red Knee & I don't want anything to go wrong w/ her or even shorten her life span! My   Mexican   Red    Knee Icon_twisted Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Petra
Admin
Petra

My   Mexican   Red    Knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Red Knee   My   Mexican   Red    Knee EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:13 pm

I have a room temp. of 79 F in the summer and that works pretty well with a moist sub.
I would crank up the heat a little bit more, but be carefull not to overheat your T.

Did your rosea molt ?
I wasn't here to watch the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JaxTarantulas.com

My Mexican Red Knee
Page 1 of 1