Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

My Mexican Red Knee Hasn't Been Eating Lately

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
venom666

PostSubject: My Mexican Red Knee Hasn't Been Eating Lately   Thu May 27, 2010 11:05 am

I've had my female Mexican Red Knee T for over 2 1/2 weeks. now & I've attempted feeding her crickets 3 times now; actually the first time I gave her a cricket on May 14th (Fri night) I'm 100% guessing she ate the cricket since there was no carcass left the next morning anywhere & no sign of a live cricket; but the last 2 occasions, she simply refused to eat the crickets, esp. last Sun evening I placed 2 crickets in there & she started kicking urticating hairs a little.

I have read that Mexican Red Knees can be very fussy (choosy) eaters & the woman who sold her to me in New Hampshire told me she recently molted about 2 weeks before I purchased her & she told me I shouldn't worry too much about this, she wouldn't recommend for me to give her a cockroach, but a pinkie mouse's fine too. The current humidity in "Hade's" tank is 70% & the temp's 81 degrees. Do u have any recommendations of what I should possibly to to hopefully get her to eat; try a different diet; like a pinkie mouse maybe like I mentioned, or hopefully overtime she'll start eating the crickets again?! I do have fresh cold water in her water dish available at all times too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My Mexican Red Knee Hasn't Been Eating Lately
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1