Jax Tarantulas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is My Chilean Rose Really Molting?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venom666

Is  My  Chilean   Rose   Really   Molting? Empty
PostSubject: Is My Chilean Rose Really Molting?   Is  My  Chilean   Rose   Really   Molting? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:24 am

My male Chilean Rose's been hiding (burrowing) under its cave since May 3, when I noticed him digging soil using his rear legs & then covered up the entrance w/ the soil & silk webs. I did lift up his cave a couple days ago just to see if "Venom"'s still alive & doing well & as soon as I lifted up the cave, he came bolting right out & was likely startled & I probably did annoy the hell out of him too. After that, he was sitting out on the open for a long while near the front of the tank & then later I noticed he was back in his cave again burrowing under. It's been over 3- 3 1/2 wks. since he's been hiding from me & I'm just making educated guesses that he's getting ready to molt pretty soon ( in pre-molt)! The current humidity's 72-73% & the temp's 80 degrees. I do know that in order for Tarantulas to have a successful molt, that the humidity has to be kept high & the temp's supposed to be at a reasonable range too. I haven't since then bothered to look under his cave to see if he's alive or getting ready to molt & I feel I should just let him be for now & just make sure to keep both the humidity/temp up & for his waterdish to be kept full at all times! Is  My  Chilean   Rose   Really   Molting? Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

Is My Chilean Rose Really Molting?
Page 1 of 1