Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mexican Red Knee Not Eating!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venom666

My    Mexican     Red   Knee   Not    Eating! Empty
PostSubject: My Mexican Red Knee Not Eating!   My    Mexican     Red   Knee   Not    Eating! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 pm

I have an awesome 2 1/2 yr. old female Mxican Red Knee I've had since this past May & so far she's only devoured 2 crickets! She is (tends) to be a fussy eater I think. Would you suggest offering "Hades" something different, like a pinkie mouse, or a pinkie rat ( live or frozen), or a superworm? Other than that, her abdomen's nice & plump, she sits upright & she still kicks her urticating hairs at me when annoyed when I attempt to hold her! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petra
Admin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Red Knee Not Eating!   My    Mexican     Red   Knee   Not    Eating! EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Thats tricky. Some spiders take it hard if they have changes in their enviroment (I had a curly hair that would'nt eat for over 6 months).
If your T shows "normal" behavior and her abdomen (butt) is full, I would'nt be to concerned.
I feed all my T's crickets, even the big guys. Food is more a preference. If you like pinkies and your T will eat them, then thats fine to. More importand is, that your feeder animals are gut loaded (pinkies dont count of course Smile ).

D-Blaze
D-Blaze

PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Red Knee Not Eating!   My    Mexican     Red   Knee   Not    Eating! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm

It's also possible she may be approaching a molt. Some t's may fast for several months when they are prepairing to molt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Red Knee Not Eating!   My    Mexican     Red   Knee   Not    Eating! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Mexican Red Knee Not Eating!
Page 1 of 1