Jax Tarantulas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mexican Red Knee Hasn't Been Eating Lately

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venom666

My   Mexican  Red   Knee  Hasn't    Been   Eating   Lately Empty
PostSubject: My Mexican Red Knee Hasn't Been Eating Lately   My   Mexican  Red   Knee  Hasn't    Been   Eating   Lately EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:05 am

I've had my female Mexican Red Knee T for over 2 1/2 weeks. now & I've attempted feeding her crickets 3 times now; actually the first time I gave her a cricket on May 14th (Fri night) I'm 100% guessing she ate the cricket since there was no carcass left the next morning anywhere & no sign of a live cricket; but the last 2 occasions, she simply refused to eat the crickets, esp. last Sun evening I placed 2 crickets in there & she started kicking urticating hairs a little.

I have read that Mexican Red Knees can be very fussy (choosy) eaters & the woman who sold her to me in New Hampshire told me she recently molted about 2 weeks before I purchased her & she told me I shouldn't worry too much about this, she wouldn't recommend for me to give her a cockroach, but a pinkie mouse's fine too. The current humidity in "Hade's" tank is 70% & the temp's 81 degrees. Do u have any recommendations of what I should possibly to to hopefully get her to eat; try a different diet; like a pinkie mouse maybe like I mentioned, or hopefully overtime she'll start eating the crickets again?! I do have fresh cold water in her water dish available at all times too. My   Mexican  Red   Knee  Hasn't    Been   Eating   Lately Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

My Mexican Red Knee Hasn't Been Eating Lately
Page 1 of 1