Jax Tarantulas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feedine crickets to my Tarantula

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
venom666

Feedine    crickets    to   my   Tarantula Empty
PostSubject: Feedine crickets to my Tarantula   Feedine    crickets    to   my   Tarantula EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 am

I've been feeding crickets to my 3 yr. old Chilean Rose Tarantula "Venom" & last night he grabbed 2 of them right away ( it was so cool to watch)! So far I've fed 4 lg. crickets to my t this week. How many should I be feeding my t a week? Somewhere I read 3-5 lg. crickets or 2-3 crickets a wk. also & is it true the more I feed my 3 yr. old t, the more he'll grow in size? So many sources I've read about feeding tarantulas have told me different things & it's getting a little confusing! Feedine    crickets    to   my   Tarantula Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Petra
Admin
Petra

Feedine    crickets    to   my   Tarantula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feedine crickets to my Tarantula   Feedine    crickets    to   my   Tarantula EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm

A good indicator of how much more you should give your spider is her but or abdomen. The right size would be head (carapax) and but (abdomen) have the same size or the abdomen is a little bit bigger.
Bid abdomens are prune to injuries. Like with any other species, there is a limit on the growth. Rosehairs are on the smaller side. There are some individuals who outgrow their relatives, but thats the exception. Als long as your "venom" is willing to eat you can continue, unless his/her abdomen is allready really big. If thats the case you should stop, because some spiders will eat until they explode, literally.
Rosehairs have the tendency to fall into real feeding fests and then stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JaxTarantulas.com

Feedine crickets to my Tarantula
Page 1 of 1