Jax Tarantulas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tarantula waste & feeding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
venom666

Tarantula   waste   &   feeding Empty
PostSubject: Tarantula waste & feeding   Tarantula   waste   &   feeding EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Do you know what Tarantula feces actually looks like & when I should be picking it out of my tarantula's tank? I read in one of my Tarantula books that to spot clean the small bits of dry Tarantula feces using a spoon. I have no idea of what it looks like. And I'm so far feeding my Tarantula twice a week (2 lg. crickets each). I fed him this past Tues evening 2 crickets & I'm going to feed my Tarantula again tommorow evening (Fri). Does that kind of feeding schedule seem good, or should I space out the days more? My t's a 3 yr. old male & I remember u said to feed them depending on the size of their abdomen too & other different sources say to feed 3-5 lg. crickets twice a wk. for example. Also, where could I find cockroaches to feed my Tarantula? Mostly all the pet stores here in CT. just have crickets, mealworms, or fruit flies. I'd presume they could be ordered online somewhere? Tarantula   waste   &   feeding Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Petra
Admin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Tarantula waste & feeding   Tarantula   waste   &   feeding EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 am

If you are comfortable with a feeding shedule then thats perfectly fine. We will find out that in reality people have different approaches to the same topic. Also in literature the ways of solutions differ.
Feeding per amdomen size is fine and will not hurt the spider (only exception were you have to be very careful is with slings and juvis).
Spiders could care less about variation in food, the main course for them is food. Not every taranutla will eat roaches, since they are hard to tackle. THe value of nutrituon would is the same as with the crickets. Spidermonk had very good experiences with "spiking" the crickets.
He bought flukes gel and calcium poweder for crickets and his slings are humangeous in short time.
If you want to feed roaches you would have to most liky buy them from the www. I know only of a handfull of petstores who would order them here in Jacksonville, but they will charge you extra.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JaxTarantulas.com
Petra
Admin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Tarantula waste & feeding   Tarantula   waste   &   feeding EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 am

Oh, tarantula waste looks like little darkbrown balls, sometimes with a little sqeezed out corpse.
The size is about the tip of your pinky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JaxTarantulas.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarantula waste & feeding   Tarantula   waste   &   feeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarantula waste & feeding
Page 1 of 1