Jax Tarantulas

Jacksonville Tarantula Society

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Purchasing Tarantula Species

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
venom666

PostSubject: Purchasing Tarantula Species   Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm interested in getting another Tarantula or 2 besides my Chilean Rose Hair that I currently own. I know from all my research in the books & online that they say a good Tarantula species to have besides my Chilean Rose, is the Mexican Red Knee (Brachypelma Smithi), or the Mexican Redrump also. What about the Brazilian Black & White Tarantula, Costa Rican Striped Tarantula or even the Cobalt Blue Tarantula, (although they say this species tends to be very skiddish & defensive).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Tarantula Species   Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 am

The striped and cobalt blue are a Ts with special needs. Both of them are burrowing species and should not be kept in a "normal" tank.
The red rump and smithi are a great choice, since both are ground dwelling Ts. They are usually well tempered.
Most burrowing Ts are very defensiv and do not like to be in the open.
You Ts should always thrive not barley survive. A proper setup is crucial for their well being. I know many people could care less. They put their Ts in some average tank and complain when their T gets really sick or die.
You are on the right path Smile You ask alot and you are very interested in the well being of your little furry friends. Keep up the good work, I wish everybody would care so much.

Purchasing Tarantula Species
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1